I sat scrubbing dried hot chocolate splatters off the floor and wall this morning. Scrubbing little dry brown dots with my thumbnail wondering how a 2-year old, flinging his Sippy cup could reach almost every nook and cranny of our wall in a matter of seconds (and yes, the valve was in place). After which I swept the huge pile of crumbs off the floor that accumulates approximately 6 times a day, meanwhile staring at the books and toys strewn all over the floor, in an endless tornado storm that keeps going while the house is being cleaned.
In my vigorous scrubbing I sat wondering how other moms do it. How do they seem to have so much energy, perfectly clean houses, perfectly kept hair, blogs caught up, and delicious meals every night. I almost got lost in that 3 second thought, and then realized, this is my life and I love it!
My hair is pretty much a mess every day, except on Sunday because I’m actually leaving the house, as you can tell, my blog hardly ever gets posted on, and dinner? It’s hit and miss. But I love my people. I would gladly (ok, maybe not gladly, but willingly) scrub hot chocolate off the walls everyday, if it means I get to keep my 3 cute, busy, and angelic boys. I wouldn’t have my life any other way, and am grateful for my answered prayers…a life full, of everything that is meaningful to me. Cheers, to energetic boys!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha, ha. Well, I for one, must admit that perhaps I'm fooling everyone--I usually clean up the house and do something with my hair IF someone is coming over :). If you drop by unannounced, you will likely see a messy house and me in my PJ's.
I loved this post. Thanks, Jen. :)
You said it just right. I am in the exact same boat, and even with the third boy coming soon. :) Thanks for the reminder of how blessed I am to be home with my boys, even if it does require some less than desirable chores. (For me it's vacuuming a huge pile of crumbs multiple times a day because we have carpet under our table.) And I'm glad I'm not the only one who only does their hair on Sunday.
I love you, Jen! I am glad you are so happy and fulfilled. Good attitude!
I think you just described every mother's day. It's great!
So often I feel like we are living parallel lives! I love that I have lived so many of the stories you tell! I love that we both have 3 energetic boys and that I too have cleaned hot chocolate off of almost every surface in my house! And I love that I love my life too! If only we lived closer, we could get together and live our parallel lives together!
p.s. Doing your hair is over rated and so is Changing out of your pajamas! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment